wolfchild
Banned

Bikes: I have 3 singlespeed/fixed gear bikes

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked 2,491 Times in 1,286 Posts
Originally Posted by terrymorse
Not true, there is evidence to support the claim that saturated fats are bad.

That's certainly what the egg lobby wants you to believe. However, egg yolk consumption has been associated with an increased risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.

"The first study – the Health Professionals Study – included physicians and nurses, and showed a doubling of cardiovascular disease in men who became diabetic during the course of the study. It also showed a significant increase of new-onset diabetes with regular egg consumption...The second study also showed a doubling of cardiovascular risk with regular egg consumption in participants who became diabetic during the course of the study, but not in people who remained healthy and free of diabetes."

-- Spence JD, Jenkins DJ, Davignon J. Dietary cholesterol and egg yolks: not for patients at risk of vascular disease. Can J Cardiol. 2010 Nov;26(9):e336-9. doi: 10.1016/s0828-282x(10)70456-6. PMID: 21076725; PMCID: PMC2989358.
The study which you speak of was done on doctors and nurses, not a very healthy job to begin with....High stress, erratic sleep schedule. lack of sleep, poor diet, lack of exercise are all factors that can contribute to heart disease or diabetes., Has the study investigated their overall lifestyle ?. Did they drink a lot of alcohol, did they smoke, did they exercise, how was their overall diet like ?. What other foods did they eat that might of contributed to their heart disease or diabetes ?..I highly doubt it was eggs alone, but unfortunately eggs have became a scapegoat in this particular study. Science has been flip / flopping on egg consumption for a long time. Me personally I eat whatever makes me feel good, I've been eating 5 - 6 whole eggs daily for breakfast for the past 30 years. and will continue to do so regardless of what any study has to say.