View Single Post
Old 04-09-23, 09:11 AM
VegasJen

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 882 Post(s)
Liked 569 Times in 308 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Because you stated that you had no doubt that Blackburn was produced in Walmart owned factories in China. Because Blackburn is such a widespread brand that the fact that you've only found it at Wal-Mart means that you have only shopped for bike-related stuff at Wal-Mart, yet you want to make comments about how there's a bicycle tax imposed on bicycle-related goods based on your personal experience.

You can get bike stuff cheaper buying online than you can at Wal-Mart. This is not news.
I do shop Amazon, although I prefer not to. But I don't live in a metropolitan area so my retail options are pretty limited.
Originally Posted by roadcrankr
I find it more than a little annoying that some of you belittle and disparage the OP, VegasJen.
She used the CO2 cartridges as an example, only. We can easily see where cyclists face serious upcharges.
Or, in her words, a "tax." Cut her a break and expand your thinking, people. Many seem overly-eager to slam her.
Tire pricing really nails cyclists, even if carefully shopped. Add other consumables like chains, cables, and batteries/lights.
Thanks. And you're not kidding about bike tires! I was on Jenson's site earlier this week, shopping tires. I saw some high end options that were literally more per tire than for my daily driver.
Originally Posted by genejockey
All my Blackburn stuff - lights, pumps, etc - all came from bike shops.
My nearest dedicated bike shop is over 50 miles away.
Originally Posted by tomato coupe
And, as she's done in other threads, she also tried to turn the discussion political.
No, I have very specifically avoided turning this thread political.