View Single Post
Old 04-10-23, 01:24 AM
georges1
Steel is real

Bikes: 1992Giant Tourer,1992MeridaAlbon,1996Scapin,1998KonaKilaueua,1993Peugeot Prestige,1991RaleighTeamZ(to be upgraded),1998 Jamis Dragon,1992CTWallis(to be built),1998VettaTeam(to be built),1995Coppi(to be built),1993Grandis(to be built)

Liked 1,022 Times in 680 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged
Anyone who would consider the Schwinn classy in 57 years will be long dead. Just the same if you show up for your local club ride in a Penny Farthing today. The good thing is the Schwinn is just worth a fraction of the current bike cost so why no just get both. Ride the current bike and enjoy the experience and one to hang on your wall and look at. Win/Win.
I don't think so, what is classic, collectible and part of history remains classic, collectible and part of history. The Domane is just another +5000$ plastic bike that in case of frame breaking or cracking is good to throw in the dustbin (very few people repair carbon bikes, the only worthy and bullet proof trek frames are the first generation OCLVs, the rest I beg to differ), the paramount steel frames whether 531,753 and 853 can always be repaired and are very enjoyable to ride and comfortable. I haven't mention DI2 which can be a serious problem if the battery is low or dead, so how do you shift if the shifters aren't responding ??? The mechanical derailleur with a cable avoids those problems. You can always make a weight weenie with a high end vintage steel frame if you buy the right components.
Likes For georges1: