View Single Post
Old 04-10-23, 03:56 AM
Chuck M 
Happy With My Bikes

Bikes: Hi-Ten bike boomers, a Trek Domane and some projects

Liked 2,753 Times in 1,280 Posts
Originally Posted by merziac
Agreed but I don't think there should be any doubt where our true allegiance lies, nor should we have to be brow beaten for it in our own forum.

You know as well as I do that we are a very tolerant lot but calling BS on it as is happening here and is not the first time is not ok IMO so....
I agree with this as well. And my favorite part of BF is the C&V sub-forum.

I have an aluminum Domane and there are often times that I wish I would have spent the extra cash to get a lighter CF bike. And if I had more money than brains, I would probably be shopping for a new bike every few years and I'd want the bells and whistles that come with it. But right now my good sense to money balance is tilted towards throwing money at a '54 Hercules that will be worth a fraction of what I've already spent on it. Even though every nut bolt and screw I remove from it reminds me what a foolish endeavor it is, I know my grandson will probably be the one to hold on to it for possibly another 68 years so it is worth it in a way.

Are my bike boom bikes and Hercules as cool as a good many of the C&V bikes I enjoy looking at here and would love to have myself? No. But they are IMHO quite lovely to look at and ride and for the most part, C&V members on BF are understanding as to why I enjoy them.