View Single Post
Old 04-14-23, 04:23 PM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by Jughed
The body absolutely stores foods it can't process.

I am flat telling you that myself, along with 10's of millions of other insulin resistant diabetics, pre diabetics, pre pre diabetics... don't process what would be considered "normal" levels of sugars and carbs, and we store them as fat. Calories don't matter when you can't process or use the calories consumed. So, they become excess calories - even in a caloric deficit.

Diabetics treated with insulin - well they gain weight in most cases. Gain weight with no other changes. Why? Excess insulin in the system

Thermodynamics - the car engine burns the fuel delivered from the injection system - if there is enough air present to support combustion. If not, the fuel gets stored in the oil pan or goes out the exhaust pipe. Same for me and many others, except the fuel doesn't go out the exhaust pipe. The body can be out of tune, have misfires or issues with the O2 sensor just like an engine.

Your argument may make sense in a perfectly functioning body... but that's not reality.

First excerpt from doctor google, and my doctor agrees, and the results I see support what the medical community knows.
"f your cells become too resistant to insulin, it can result in elevated blood sugar levels, which can lead to weight gain, prediabetes and type 2 diabetes. Losing weight with insulin resistance is more difficult because the body stores excess blood sugar as fat."

And I am only addressing one metabolic condition. There are many other metabolic conditions that lead to the same results.

Again, I maintain 190#'s + on a 2k calorie per day, very strict, very clean diet. And my daily cycling calories burned range from 5-900+ - power meter and hear rate data used to calculate calories burned - not 100% accurate. And - 95+% of my cycling is fueled by fat. I don't consume carbs...

So again, for the last time, I will say with a high level of confidence:
Nope.
Stopped reading after the 2nd paragraph. This is to ridiculous to spend time discussing.