Old 04-17-23, 01:27 AM
Huggable

Bikes: 2021 Birdy GT Rohloff, 2007 Birdy Mark 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CEBEP
I don’t want to spoil it as you’ve already ordered and installed them, but if I were to buy a set of lights for my Birdy, I would definitely go with SON Edelux II front and SON rear lights which I have on my Brompton.
Thanks for the replies Jipe CEBEP glye
I was contemplating whether to order a different set of lights instead of the "stock" ones by R&M. I chose the E3 Pure as it was the smallest and the beam pattern was good without obstruction. Was undecided about the rear light as my bike rack is much lower and it is challenging to find a good location and space to mount a bigger rear light. Currently I have a rechargeable rear light under the saddle, but it would be difficult to replace it with a wired light as it would affect folding.

So I took a little "experimental" approach, and was even considering to use the E3 front only without the puny Airstream lights. The market for dynamo lights here is Singapore is practically non-existent as the majority of riders use rechargable clip on lights for convenience and weight savings.