Old 04-17-23, 07:23 AM
newbert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
I don't know. There must be a good reason for the screws existence. It either keeps the boom straight or keeps you from moving the boom in too far. Why would that be bad (without cutting the boom)? I don't know but you should want to know. Good luck with the trike. If your dealer is too far away we don't mind taking a look at things but we'd need pictures or a short video. How is chain length/tension managed when the boom is adjustable?
I don't see how that screw helps to keep the boom straight, but it certainly does (correction: did) limit moving the boom in too far. (Why that needs to be prevented is beyond me too. (I do understand the need for limiting the boom being extended out too far, but that's not the case here.)

I'm guessing that perhaps it's something that helps stabilize things during shipping, and the shop neglected to remove it? (I have short legs so I could understand that leaving it in would not be an issue in most cases.)

Regarding chain length management, a link(s) would need to be added/removed when the adjustment is large enough, but not in this case since the adjustment was pretty small.