Old 04-20-23, 12:54 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Liked 1,125 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by rccardr
Sad news about the break-in, but sounds like you are working through it.
Meanwhile, what’s the hellenic frame hanging on the wall?
1994 GT Edge. Super early , no stamped numbers. Hand welded in GT’s “skunkworks” shop in Longmont CO .
I’m the original owner. Was a pretty good trackie at the time and needed something for road training. I received it as a F/F.
Later production models of the edge, were all built with Dura ace, 7400, but I had no money, so I built it with a friction shift Campagnolo parts bin ensemble with GEL 280’s .
I rarely call any bike “fast” , and I have ridden things like Cannondale criteriums, Litespeed blades and recently sold my sworks tarmac
but this bike was on another level. It felt fast, rough and raw

Due to its treatment as a genuine race bike. Dragged across concrete after criterium wrecks, little dings from emergency repairs with the wrong tools over the years, and signs of riding in the back of a pick up truck with eight other bikes, I have not brought it back to life as top tube dents annoy me now

I considered having a place like Groody Brothers apply one of their cool powder coat jobs and I would fill the dent, but it just hasn’t been a priority, and I really love the way the polished aluminum used to look