View Single Post
Old 04-20-23, 09:04 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1871 Post(s)
Liked 670 Times in 511 Posts
Originally Posted by andydallas
I'm not sure why people say they were encouraged not to exercise, I was told not to exercise for 2 weeks while my body adjusted, then I exercised like crazy..

I won't say I was perfect on diet, I literally ate ice cream every night (an addiction I think), but lost weight at a rapid pace, then slowed to 2-3 lbs a month.

I do not sell Optavia, but do believe in it, the diet keeps you eating a healthy balance and my Dr. said the blood work looks great,,,not defending the diet but I think its easy to hear one thing from one person and believe it to be 'absolutely'. again I didn't follow it perfectly but loved the resultsl
My "coaches" hemmed and hawed like Congressmen when I wanted to discuss it seriously, finally said they do not recommend it, and finally agreed it could be done for less than 45 minutes per day, with added nutrients to compensate. What amount of what nutrient? Crickets. Risk of over compensation? Loss of ketosis. Risk of under compensation? same. Rationale, technical research, papers from authoritative sources? Case histories? Crickets on all. I don't want to be eating and risking losing my muscle tone, bone density, and strength, without knowing authoritative nutrition and sports nutrition experts have conducted research and analysis, over the 20 years of the Optavia plan's existence, to support questions like mine. The Website FAQ's contain no questions about risks related to exercise.