View Single Post
Old 04-29-23, 04:20 PM
soyabean

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked 424 Times in 280 Posts
This is why I never trust movers for anything other than Ikea furniture

Paying movers to pack and pickup items sounds expensive.

Wouldn't it be drastically less for a self-storage locker rental filled with vertical bicycle nook stands?

This would allow me to move and store my bikes without any disassembly.

It also gives me flexibility in going back and forth to the rental locker anytime to add/remove/sell things.

This is why I never trust movers for anything other than Ikea furniture:

Ask them in advance, what are the procedures for property damage or loss? Know your course of action to deal with this before hiring them, not figure out how to long after it happens.

Almost always, they will just blame you that it was already damaged like that. In the event of a loss, they deny ever having the item.

They will tell you to settle it with your homeowners insurance. Your insurance will deny claims and say to sue them instead. In the event you do have proper insurance, do you really want to go thru with it? I don't buy home insurance with hope that I'll score from a fire.

Movers are in this business for good profit and will work even harder to stop you from dipping into their sauce. They won't pay a dime for anything unless they are forced to by powers more powerful than they are.

Movers have been gaming customers for decades and know exactly what they can get away with. You don't.

I am so happy this isn't me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
shady_movers.jpg (95.1 KB, 43 views)