Thread: C&V Tokyo
View Single Post
Old 04-30-23, 07:09 PM
bwilli88 
Not lost wanderer.

Bikes: In USA; 73 Raleigh Super Course dingle speed, 72 Raleigh Gran Sport SS, 72 Geoffry Butler, 81 Centurion Pro-Tour, 74 Gugie Grandier Sportier

Liked 1,049 Times in 553 Posts
C&V Tokyo

I came to Tokyo for a short visit with my organization and of course a lover of steel frames has to go visit Corsa Corsa. Tokyo has a huge bicycle culture everything from Mamasan bikes that are electric assist with two baby seats one front one rear. To upper level steel frames, fixies, hybrids whatever you want to find they're here. I was an hour and a half away from Corsa and rented a bicycle, just a cheap step through, arrived at Corsa Corsa and didn't realize it but on the door is "by appointment only". As I got there somebody was entering the shop, one of the workers and I said can I come in and see your shop. He said no we're closed for the next hour. But he said just a moment and went inside. A few moments later a lady comes out and says we're closed we're having a meeting right now can you come back in 15 to 20 minutes. I told her my dilemma I had written a city bite to the shop only to see their shop because it's the best shop in Tokyo. She said just a minute we have a meeting, she stepped inside and shortly she came back out and said come on in for a few minutes since you're not buying you're just looking, I said great. I stepped into the shop which is about 20 ft long and is a triangle and maybe 15 feet deep. At the entrance to the shop there were four or five bicycle frames hanging on the wall and opposite that was a couple of Windows and a desk in the back of the shop probably was 30 or 40 frames of varying makes and models All steel all classic. The meeting there was a gentleman there with an Eddie Mercks getting it certified for Eroica Japan which will happen next month I wasn't there long maybe 5 minutes took a handful of pictures said hello and said goodbye. On my way out I said thank you very much in Japanese and was stepping out and the woman came out said just a minute hold on let me take your picture. The owner of the shop came out and I told him that I came to Tokyo for a meeting and I rode just to see Corsa Corsa because it is the best bike shop in Tokyo. After a few pictures with him he said just a minute and shortly came out with a Corsa Corsa cycling cap and handed it to me and said thank you for coming and have a good day and I off I went.

Last edited by bwilli88; 04-30-23 at 07:19 PM.