View Single Post
Old 05-16-23, 09:05 PM
Kontact

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4607 Post(s)
Liked 1,767 Times in 1,157 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Well of course one can get it in the proper position. However the typical way that many measure their contact points on the bike won't give the correct saddle position in relation to the BB. Many tend to only think of the distances between the saddle and the bars or hoods.

The caution I made was just to start them thinking about it. With my leg length the difference between 1 degree of seat tube angle is only about a half inch. But that might make a difference for some that are already have their saddles far back in the clamp or far forward. But then again 1 degree of seat tube angle will be unusual for just a change in size of the same model.
I don't know of any other method to locate the saddle properly except to copy an existing set back or go through whatever fit procedure you prefer to establish a new one. There is no "contact point" method that you can do without using the same methods as copying a setback. There isn't anything about a bike frame that suggests where to put the seat.

And many frames go right from 74 to 73 degrees around size 52.
Likes For Kontact: