View Single Post
Old 05-18-23, 08:30 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Liked 4,552 Times in 3,049 Posts
Steel frames are great but there are plenty of nicer steel frames worth upgrading. It is possible this has a better frame than the parts lead on, I am not great with Spesh tubing history. The derailleur is a good sign it is a bottom of the barrel. Usually if the limit screws are like that and the derailleur calls out SIS in large letters, that is a bad sign. It is a fine bike to ride and do minor grades to get it functional but I would caution against putting a ton of money towards it. Ride it, enjoy it and have fun out there but don't put good money towards not so good. If you have a good parts bin then go nuts but otherwise just keep it functional till you get the dream bike or closer to it.

In terms of age I would say probably 89-91 probably if I had to take a good guess.