View Single Post
Old 05-20-23, 04:02 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2513 Post(s)
Liked 752 Times in 531 Posts
Even if there were no statute. As a driver, would any of you simply run down a cyclist ahead of you because they weren't keeping up with the posted limit and couldn't, or wouldn't get out of the way?? I know things are bad, but, really? CDL's are not that easy to come by. A fair amount of what is attributed to 'bad driving' should more accurately be categorized as 'entitled cycling'.

What's the solution o.p.? Dynamite all those shoulders and start over with a more enlightened road plan? That truck could get by a cyclist FRAPing the asphalt portion of that roadway by putting one set of wheels over the centerline. And I'll bet that's exactly what they do. Doesn't sound like you'll be doing much cycling in SC and maybe that's for the best. You simply don't have the right head for being a vulnerable road user. And that's ok. But I'm hanged if I understand your hysteria. It's as if you think city engineers are going to revisit those roads and make them wide enough. I wouldn't hold my breath.
Likes For Leisesturm: