Old 05-22-23, 10:20 AM
srdjanmax

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
Maybe (I said maybe) it's related to the fact that many 48V controllers are for 13s (48V nominal, 54.6V fully charged) batteries but will accommodate 14s (52 nominal, 58.8 fully charged), but not 15s (63V fully charged). Check inside the controller.
No, I dont think I've explained it well. Even with 60v battery and phase wires connected/matched by color, the motor was spinning as it should - forward. Only after I cut the controller open (I removed top, front and back, to allow for air circulation) the motor started spinning backwards. As I mentioned, I corrected the problem by reconnecting phase wires, blue to green, green to blue. Yellow stayed connected to yellow. My question is what could I have done to mess up the phases. I was not doing any soldering or anything similar. I just removed the top by cutting it off (back and front were held by screws so that was easy to open). I do not see any visible mechanical damage on the board. But something happened when I was cutting of the top with an oscillating tool. Any ideas what could happen to mess up the phases?