View Single Post
Old 05-25-23, 11:58 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Jughed
It sucks - but I've had bottles thrown at me, curses and slurs, had people go apesh1t about me not paying taxes and how I shouldn't be on their road. I used to ride with a woman that was hit with a brick and ended up breaking her neck on the crash.

I live out deep into farm country, some of the local hillbilly types have issues with self restraint and respecting others - out on roads that are 95% empty and free of traffic. Traffic here is being held up for 10 seconds by an Amish buggy or a piece of farm equipment on the road.

People, in general, can be _______'holes.
I am beginning to wonder whether cyclists really are subject to any more road rage than other "traffic". What I do know from experience is that it's a lot harder to ignore when you're on a bicycle than in a car--pretty much everything yelled or thrown from a car implies a whole hell of a lot more threat when I don't have the big steel cage around me.
Likes For livedarklions: