Old 05-26-23, 12:18 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4605 Post(s)
Liked 5,144 Times in 3,178 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
If it quacks about Tesla "haters" in response to criticism of the product or its promoter it is probably a fan boy/duck. But you do seem to quack a different tune about the far-fetched claims, so let us let that lie.

A Tesla would be about the last car I would ever buy based on its price, body configuration, privacy concerns, alleged quality control and limited service as well as on the road charging availability in this area. In addition, Musk's political antics and anti-social destructive business practices/behavior would probably prevent me from getting anywhere near a Tesla showroom and spending a dime that could end up in his pocket. Therefore I have no on personal experience driving Tesla products. Sufficient information to evaluate Tesla's ready for prime time self driving capability and software/safety deficiencies is available on-line.

I am really stumped about your comments about "reduced workload" since I can not picture how an intelligent and attentive driver has any degree of his driving workload reduced by Level 2 driver assistance as featured in any of the current product available from any of the auto manufacturers. All I can picture is the GMC Sierra pickup truck ad where a driver pushes a button and can now clap his hands or thump his chest in unison with the beat of the radio, and that is it. As long as the driver is required to pay the same attention to the road conditions/environment whether or not it has level 2 assistance, the "self-driving" feature of Level 2 vehicles provides no reduction in human driving workload.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN8PV0fv340
TLDR quack quack