Old 05-28-23, 02:45 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 337 Times in 252 Posts
Originally Posted by steelbikeguy
I'm not sure what connectors were causing so much trouble, but I don't think it was the Amphenol pins & sockets that I suggested.
As far as strain relief, the connector shell is designed to handle that. Without the shell, heatshrink tubing does a reasonable job.

I suggested these as in-line connections that were easy to disconnect and would come apart easily for wheel removal.

Steve in Peoria
OK, I found the offending circular connectors that get frequently get highlighted in the context of bikes, but that can lead to the problems I mentioned. They are in particular distributed by Velo Lumino as 2mm banana plugs. I am still away from my base to check my stock directly, but from my receipts they should be the same as TE Connectivity/AMP 205089 and 205090. The TE Connectivity drawings do not show the springs that are the fragile elements, just like the figures for the connectors you recommended, but you can see those springs in the Velo Lumino photos - these have been the source of my concern.