Old 05-28-23, 09:12 PM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts
I noticed in the posts that some folks are dead set against throttles or have some other hurdle to owning an e-bike such as mid drive or torque sensing or something. The folks i know that are throttling an e-bike like a motorcycle bought it as a cheap substitute for a motorcycle. Too poor for a car or even a motorcycle but the e-bike fits that niche for around town errands really well. The e-bike appears to be filling a much larger market than just dedicated bicycle riders, or bicycle riders who are aging and aren't as strong as they once were. They appear to be filling in for basic transportation for people who are uninterested in heart rate, mid drive, "proper cycling attire" ect. Cost of buying, cost of operation, vehicle storage are the biggest issues for the transportation crowd. Not mid drives, torque sensing, or cycling shoes. In other words everyday shoes, socks, shorts/pants, everyday shirts, nothing fancy. I have found the e-bike definitely gives a good work out if you use it that way. I don't have torque sensing and still get a good work out. I am still a dedicated bicyclist and ride my non e-bikes all the time but have no shame in using an e-bike that allows my wife and I to have long rides at fairly high speed knowing we could throttle home if one of us tired out. Yeamac seems to be having the same initiation I had to e-bikes as I had. I cannot say I was for buying one at first but I am of a very different mind now.