Thread: 2023 Randonnees
View Single Post
Old 05-30-23, 08:25 AM
clasher

Liked 148 Times in 103 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrey
Did it last all night? On medium, high?

I plugged mine into a 10.000mAh power bank to test to see how long it lasts and it did not last all night on high, fully charged Anker power bank was completely depleted probably in less that 5 hours
I only ran it from approx 1930-2330 on high, it didn't drain the battery completely. At the overnight it recharged long enough to run for a few more hours on medium in the morning. I ran the light in the morning on the first for a 3-4 hours on medium, or high, can't recall, but then it charged back up from my powerbank during the day. I also charged my gps and phone a little bit, from that same 10,000mAh powerbank, and it did some charging on day 2 as well. It was almost drained by the end of the ride though. I had another small 5,000mAh for my radar and that kept that thing running the whole ride, with the light on for all the night riding, and in the various flashing settings for daytime.

I'm going to do a 1000K with similar amounts of night riding each day, so I will try it again but I find the light adequate for dry riding so far. There was close to half a moon out on the weekend so that helps. I will keep this as a backup light if I decide to upgrade in the future, as I said I am thinking my upgrade choice will likely be the outbound detour light. I am thinking about a B&M e-bike light but that means always using a battery pack for it. The outbound is self contained which is nice.
Likes For clasher: