Old 06-02-23, 05:43 PM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1112 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
As you pointed out, you posted your opinion. Likewise, I posted mine.

And, yes, i agree that it is a dumb sign. However, where you see a problem, I'm very happy to simply ignore it, and should an issue arise, assume the risk.
Like you, I ignored the sign and enjoyed riding over the ramp (the pic is a screen grab from my GoPro, I didn't even slow to take a pic)

But I also think of others, reference my friend that lives a few blocks from me, she was biking with her pre-teen child. The child wanted to obey the trail closed sign (long story about a long delayed commuter rail project and minor "systems" work closing the bike path). The child was clipped and knocked down by a car as they crossed a major county road. The person the clippers the child was speeding through a slip lane for a right turn, and the driver left the scene without stopping to check on the child.

Signs and their message matter, you and I are fine, but we are not the only ones out there.