Old 06-03-23, 09:37 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1112 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
I hear you, but I'm not sure how.the story tracks. Ie. How does the closed trail relate to the hit and run? No need to give details since that's not the point.

Signs like the one cited err to the side of caution. Were I the parent to a child, I'd instruct the child to heed these signs, unless I was there and said otherwise, or we'd discussed whether a specific sign was an exception.

BTW if my child were to ride there and fall, I'd be properly sympathetic, but also remind them that the sign was there for a reason, and they made a cchoie to disregard it.
You see no need for details, but clearly my short story omitted a key detail: the trail has no justified reason to be closed. You and I (& the kid's mom) just ride around the dumb sign and laugh. But this child innocently believed they needed to obey the sign, therefore causing them to cross a busy/fast/dangerous road. I expect that helps explain my story better: stupid signs can (and do) have a negative impact.