View Single Post
Old 06-16-23, 07:59 AM
Smaug1
Commuter

Bikes: Main Bikes: 2023 Trek Domane AL3, 2022 Aventon Level.2 eBike, 1972 Schwinn Varsity, 2024 Priority Apollo 11

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 460 Times in 258 Posts
Fancy that; the Level.2 is the one I got too! I have 350 miles on mine so far. It needed the typical shift cable adjustment after a month or so (as cables stretch a bit when new) but other than that, tires and chain, it has needed nothing. I got mine after seeing it at the local Indian motorcycle dealer; I saw they had a sign that they have eBikes, so I ducked in. I didn't expect them to have anything of quality, but the Aventons are NICE.

I'm a little surprised at how easily it rolls. The tires seem kind of fat, but are rated up to 60 psi and are marked as being for moped duty. I keep them at 50-55 psi; haven't had the guts yet to pump them to 60. I'm also impressed with how smooth and strong the hydraulic brakes are. I commute on mine most days, occasionally taking another eBike to keep the battery active.

Like you, I found that it is easy to cruise at 20 mph, even in PAS 1. This morning, I was going up a very slight uphill against a 10 mph wind and going 17 mph in PAS1. No sweat, but a decent amount of work.

I posted a couple videos and a lot more detail on the bike and how I wound up setting it up in this thread in an eBike-specific forum.

Current set-up, with Topeak MTX rack and trunk bag w/fold-down panniers, Selle Anatomica saddle, Suntour NCX suspension seatpost and Mirrcycle bar-end mirror. Generic phone holder from Amazon.
Likes For Smaug1: