Old 06-17-23, 10:59 AM
Clyde1820

Bikes: 1996 Trek 970 ZX Single Track 2x11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Liked 587 Times in 444 Posts
Originally Posted by deacon mark
So the moral of the story is this works and I am ok with it. Anyone else find the group rides are not really necessary and prefer the lone ranger approach?
That's essentially how I've done it since back in my running days. Always have been an early riser, and almost nobody that I know likes heading out in the hour or two prior to sunrise. These days, I'm typically working out by 5am, though I'm occasionally cycling by then. Back in the day, I often did 7-10mi runs at that time of day, to both avoid the traffic and enjoy the nicer temperatures.

I don't mind riding with a couple of others. But as I don't have the leg power (due to old injuries) to scoot along at a brisk pace, I'm okay with groups/packs heading off at their own lofty pace and leaving me to trudge along. Would like company, now and then, but I'm okay with avoiding the messy arrogance that can come with certain kitted-out "racer" types who imagine any group ride is a peloton to the finish line. Being a geezer, these days, that ain't my thing. I'm good okay with that.
Likes For Clyde1820: