View Single Post
Old 06-24-23, 09:17 AM
Jicafold

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 131 Times in 90 Posts
Originally Posted by Slowride79
I’ll take the other side of the argument… add up all the time it takes you to pack all these items and take to shipper, packing materials, photo and list items, answer questions. Unless your time is worth like $3/hr you will not make $600 let alone $50. Do the calculations and you will see netting the $250 after tires or selling as is will net you more. otherwise everyone would be making a small fortune selling old bike parts , right? Wrong!
Well, I already sell bike parts on Ebay. I sell a few parts a week and have over 50 listed. Some Mondays I go to the post office with 5 or 6 packages. Amazon and the local bike shop gives me all by boxes, packages, and packing material, foam and bubble wrap for free. Post office is close by also. Besdies, if I am wrapping parts while watching Dancing with the Stars in the evening that is not wasted time. I would just be sitting on my butt anyays. So I would disagree with your assessment.

Originally Posted by SurferRosa
That's Triomphe, not Victory..
I did not know it was Triomphe, so thank you.

I have a pile of 700c tires all of which are like new, so replacement tires are essentially free.

But yes, I imagine there is a slim market for this. I'll probably part it out. Thank you.

Last edited by Jicafold; 06-24-23 at 09:26 AM.
Likes For Jicafold: