View Single Post
Old 06-29-23, 10:50 AM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8376 Post(s)
Liked 9,225 Times in 4,546 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasJen
I think you're as close as anybody so far in this thread. I've watched a few different videos on the subject (GCN and others), and the results are always similar. The difference is so marginal it's hard to quantify. The discussion almost always reverts to the other factors like foot retention and stability. And that's fine. Everything I've seen does state there is an almost imperceptible advantage to being clipped in. At the elite level, that 0.01% difference could mean the difference between winning and middle of the pack. For you and me, that makes it more a matter of comfort and confidence. I'm sure some people legitimately feel a distinct difference, but for some others, I think it's really nothing more than a placebo effect.
It depends on what you want from the pedals. To me, it's about the connection with the bike, the security, knowing even when I'm having brain fade late in a hard, hot ride my feet will be secure. And more than that. This is way more than a placebo. Way more than 0.01%, it's huge.
Likes For big john: