View Single Post
Old 06-30-23, 09:35 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3239 Post(s)
Liked 1,798 Times in 1,082 Posts
Originally Posted by NoWhammies
So just to post an update on this thread. I had a look at the set of Michelin's on my other bike. Just under 4,000km and the rear tyre appears to starting the same process as the tyre in the photo above. I definitely think I am done with Michelins.
I had Power Roads too, and didn’t think much of them from the perspective of feel and handling; they never felt solid and hooked up. I don’t recall what I did with those, but I think I took a bad cut and trashed them.

Anyway, this season I’ve been on the successor to the Power Road, the Power Cup, and it’s definitely a greatly improved tire. The Power Cups are lively, supple, and connected; I did a few rainy rides with them in the hills back in spring, and they were flawless. They continue to be into the summer, so I’m really confident on these tires.

Long story short: give Michelin Power Cup a try!
Likes For chaadster: