Old 07-07-23, 04:57 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5937 Post(s)
Liked 2,837 Times in 1,583 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute

You must be watching a very different video than I am. At 24 seconds, she throws her left leg up in the air as she puts her right foot down while still seated on the saddle. The hill is too steep to the right and she is too close to the edge and goes over. She might have been able to avoid the problem if she had slide off the saddle first instead of trying to put her foot down from the saddle.
I guess I must be watching a different video.

In the one I'm watching, her left leg is clearly coming off the pedal, and seeming to reach down, while her right leg is stationary. Of course, there's no certainty since the shot is framed too high.

However, we can give the rider some credit. She very carefully rode to the right edge, yet avoided going off the burm. Given the care and time involved, I'm comfortable in crediting her with the sense to note the drop and plant to plant the left foot on the high side.

But, as you pointed out, we're watching different videos, so there's no point in arguing ad nauseum.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.