BCDrums
Recreational Road Cyclist

Bikes: 1990 Peter Mooney road bike

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 254 Times in 136 Posts
NBC/Peacock vs. World Feed

I have watched TdF for years via available free/cable feeds, such as NBC, USA and NBC Sports. This year I subscribed to Peacock to watch. I bought the Peacock Premium service for $4.99. After I watched that feed, which includes commercial breaks, I "upgraded" to Peacock Premium Plus for $9.99. I watch the replays, rather than the live feeds, and not having to suffer the commercial breaks on Peacock is well worth the extra five bucks.

I sampled the World Feed on Stage 4, but the intermittent audio was intolerable, and I went back to the Peacock feed. Tonight, after watching the Stage 7 Peacock feed, I again sampled the World Feed. They have solved the intermittent audio problem, and I liked what I saw.

Peacock has a pre-race show, and missed the start today on stage 7. World Feed had the start, a plus. I don't need the pre-race show.

I like Phil and Bob on Peacock, they are familiar. And I like the feature coverage from Christian Vande Velde and Steve Porino. But I liked whoever-they-are on World Feed. What are your thoughts? Any strong preferences for one feed over the other?