View Single Post
Old 07-09-23, 05:26 PM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 1,697 Times in 799 Posts
Before riding with the camera, I read the instructions and found that various parameters can be set by choosing settings in a "Settings" file.
First off, the date and time are set. File Format can be set to either TS video (default) or MP4. I selected MP4. Video resolution can be set to 1080P/60fps (default) or 1080P/30fps. Video timestamp can be turned On or Off, and the recording loop time can be set to 1, 3, 5 (default) or 10 minutes. I set it up for a 10 minute loop.
Pressing the POWER button turns the unit on, and it vibrates to verify power on status. Once on, the light modes are selected as Camera/Flashing light with brake light (have to check that out)/SOS light. Run time is advertised as 8.5 hours. The second mode is similar, but the light is on constant instead of flashing, and run time is 7.5 hours. Third mode turns the light off (camera, SOS, and brake light still function) and run time is 9 to 11 hours. Press and hold the POWER button for 3 seconds to turn off (it vibrates again.)
There is an indicator light (referred to as the Status Light in the parts identification diagram) showing state of charge, and if there is no SD card installed, or if the card is not recognized. One other thing pointed out is a reset button to be used "if the camera freezes". Hmmm.
There is NO image stabilization in the sample video I took hand-holding the unit, which is to be expected at this price point, but the video is clear enough. I don't know how useful it would be off road, other than to induce motion sickness. Haven't had the chance to try out the 'brake light' feature yet, as my friend was out all day.