View Single Post
Old 07-10-23, 10:02 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2534 Post(s)
Liked 769 Times in 537 Posts
Why is there even an argument about bicycle sustainability? Why do bicycle advocates even try to defend our bicycles and e-bikes from critics?! Is there really a debate about the impact of 20lb e-bike batteries on the environment?! Yah, we should really wonder if e-trucks make sense. A 1500lb battery that can provide off peak or backup power for your house, when your e-truck is onsite? ... ... eef? I don't know. But I am not going to spend a single second worrying about the pros and cons of e-assist on commuter and cargo e-bikes that have a total vehicle weight of ~50 - 70lb. Nor can I get too excited about concern over people (like myself) that have nine, ten, or even more bicycles.

ALL my bikes fit in a townhouse garage that can barely accommodate a Toyota Prius. If my garage door happens to be up and someone walks by, they are like "dude, you've got too many bikes!" "Why do you have so many bikes?!" They don't notice that right next door, my neighbor has two SUV's in the driveway. They also have two more parked on the street and another kept at parents house. Five vehicles for a young couple in their twenties. Not a single bicycle of any kind. No one bats an eyelash over private car collectors that rent aircraft hangars to house their 100+ vehicle collections. Bicycle collectors are selfish, entitled, and are destroying the planet. SMH. If you give them an inch they will N-1 our bicycle ownership to Zero N, and force us all back into cars like God intended. As long as a single bicycle exists it is a silent rebuke to the total insanity of multi-ton, single occupant, conveyance, regardless of the powerplant technology.
Likes For Leisesturm: