View Single Post
Old 07-13-23, 05:01 PM
t2p

Bikes: Cannondale - Gary Fisher - Giant - Litespeed - Schwinn Paramount - Schwinn (lugged steel) - Trek OCLV

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1451 Post(s)
Liked 2,047 Times in 1,157 Posts
Originally Posted by plumberroy
I ride alone 100% of the time. I have only rode with a group a few times. I used to live an hour and a half north of here. My route crossed with a club ride at a place everyone has to stop they invited me to ride with them for the 3.5 miles our route ran together 10-20 bikers kitted out on modern road bikes and Grizzly Adams in cargo shorts and a tee shirt on a vintage steel road bike in the back half of the pack. Not really my thing. I tend to ride at a speed on the local trails that around half of the riders are slower than me and half are faster having someone to ride with once in a while would be nice
​​​

I did a number of road rides with cargo shorts and t shirt back in the day - drove some of the diehard roadies nuts lol

still do rides in cargo shorts ... bike cargo shorts .. etc

was an off road motorcyclist - began off road (bicycle) riding - and then got into road (bicycle) riding

had lightweight nylon cargo shorts that were actually swim trunks I gutted and wore over bike shorts ; initially used the double shorts for off road riding at a time when there were no dedicated off road shorts (now they are common) and continued to use them on the road

this is how I got the nickname ‘t2p’ - tommy two pants

also used and still use full gloves - but no nickname for the gloves
Likes For t2p: