Old 07-17-23, 10:57 AM
Sempervee

Bikes: Cannondale Quick Disk 5 & Rad Power Mini

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
Know your laws, bicyclists are well within their rights to take up public roads, even two abreast.
It's the general mindset that bicyclists don't belong on public roads that is wrong and in need of correction.
Just because someone decides to operate a vehicle that take up much of the road and get get by cyclist safely, doesn't make public roads theirs to own and have to endanger others.
You are not clear or understand on what I was stating. I am not speaking of public roads that the often ******* spandex crowd but that on dedicated BIKE PATHS like the Chehallis western trail at at most is 10-12 feet wide and crowded sometimes with walkers, skaters, families on bikes and yes us ebikers are confronted with 2 abreast speeding skinny wheel high dollar light weight road cyclists who act like the path is primarily theirs and every other rider and walker is invading their domain. I am fed up with it and braced to engage at a moments notice and give no quarter to this type of rider.
Riding on the street is a different matter and I defend that. I myself ride in the street and often with the flow of traffic. No problem. I feel less safe on the dedicated bike and walk paths then on the street sometimes when it should be the opposite.

Last edited by Sempervee; 07-17-23 at 11:01 AM.