cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 727 Post(s)
Liked 769 Times in 472 Posts
Originally Posted by Sempervee
You are not clear or understand on what I was stating. I am not speaking of public roads that the often ******* spandex crowd but that on dedicated BIKE PATHS like the Chehallis western trail at at most is 10-12 feet wide and crowded sometimes with walkers, skaters, families on bikes and yes us ebikers are confronted with 2 abreast speeding skinny wheel high dollar light weight road cyclists who act like the path is primarily theirs and every other rider and walker is invading their domain. I am fed up with it and braced to engage at a moments notice and give no quarter to this type of rider.
Riding on the street is a different matter and I defend that. I myself ride in the street and often with the flow of traffic. No problem. I feel less safe on the dedicated bike and walk paths then on the street sometimes when it should be the opposite.
Your failure to specify BIKE PATHS in your original post is not me being unclear nor understanding your post.

The "mob mentality" when any group gathers and behaves poorly is not limited to cyclists who wear spandex.
What exactly do you expect to accomplish by "give no quarter" to those group of riders?

In my experience, BIKE PATHS are designated for bicycle or ebike usage, not pedestrian. More than often pedestrians walk on the designated BIKE PATH, have their faces buried in their cell phones and not paying attention to where they are walking.
MULTI-USE PATHS are not the same as BIKE PATH, generally I use bell to warn other path users I encounter each time I get close to make them aware of my presence as a cyclist.
I don't participate pace line activity on MULTI-USE PATHS, even when it is not crowded.