View Single Post
Old 07-22-23, 05:58 PM
juvela

Liked 3,507 Times in 2,281 Posts
Originally Posted by obrentharris
One of the reasons I enjoy starting these build threads is all the interesting bikes and information that come up as the thread wanders and wiggles its way to a conclusion.
All of the above comments are greatly appreciated!

I mentioned at the beginning that I bought this frame because I had a particular paint scheme in mind. I enjoy painting bikes and I also wanted to try out the "1-Shot" sign painting enamels for bike painting. I was intrigued by 1-Shot's online color calculator. You enter any of hundreds of Pantone colors into the calculator and it tells you which of the 1-Shot stock colors to mix and in what quantities.

I wanted to use a rather unusual combination of two colors which I though would look great with the chrome lugs and socks. Here are the paints that I mixed to get my two contrasting colors.

Here's a hint: I used much more of the white paint in either of my mixes than the colored ones.
Hint two: White, yellow, and green for one color; white, red, and magenta for the other.

Brent
-----

funny anecdote...

as a little guy the first time encountered a paint tinting recipe when it instructed to "mix two parts Nr. 34 with five parts Nr. 18 and one part Nr. 27" i was lost; could not figure out what the heck a "part" was

if it had said "ounces" or "tablespoons" could have understood the instruction but who had ever heard tell of a "part"

"not the sharpest tack in this or any other box"

-----