View Single Post
Old 07-25-23, 02:57 AM
mr_pedro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by downtube42
I use a combination of self-inflicted passive-aggressive behavior (I ignore the cramp and pretend it isn't there, expecting it will give up and go away) and profanity (Is that all you*&%#@ GOT, you POS?).

Works quite well. Never had a cramp that didn't go away. 100% effective. Only slightly more bizarre than drinking pickle juice.
Lol, I guess there are cramps and CRAMPS. Sounds like you never had a CRAMPS.

I don't have them often but when I have cramps, often laying in bed after exercise, I can feel something coming up and I am able to counter them by stretching the muscle very quickly before the cramp pops up and all is good. Or if I am not fast enough to counter the cramp, it hurts for a few seconds and then all is good.

Now, on the other hand, CRAMPS I have experienced twice in my life now, both after a hard ride that was not necessarily extreme for me, but definitely a big effort after a period of not having cycled much.
That happened right at the end of the rides, it made my quads in one leg just completely lock up, gave an incontrollable pain and there was absolutely nothing I could do that could make me bend my knee and it was impossible to stand on that leg.
Likes For mr_pedro: