Old 07-25-23, 06:43 PM
Schweinhund

Bikes: a couple

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked 869 Times in 457 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
EBikeMarketplace in Las Vegas is a company that reportedly (I've never used them) rebuilds batteries. However, mailing yours to them is a conundrum if it's even something they can repair. I would think that, since you reside in a metro area (from your location), you should be able to locate a similar service nearby. It's possible that a new battery can be combined with your Raliegh interface or since it seems like there may be positive and negative wires going to the controller, just splice in a different battery. If your bike doesn't have a throttle, you might take a look at a new Electra (flat feet technology and sold at Trek stores) if it has a throttle since that would facilitate starting out. As stated above, I'm so sorry to learn of your affliction and the more information we have (especially budgetary), the more assistance we can provide.
Rebuilding a battery pack ain't rocket surgery. find a local tool battery guy and pay him to look at it so it's not a waste of his time if you don't fix it.
But you want to know what cells it's using. Are they flat, Samsung style, potted? Specific output per cell. cell id numbers if possible.
Cells, unless custom, can be sourced. The beauty of the whole chinese set up is they all use the same commodity parts so almost nothing is super custom.
And if, when it's open and he says "Oh these are XXXX" ask him to fix it.
You're not going to be changing battery types unless you know someone that can built you a control circuit for your new set up.

Last edited by Schweinhund; 07-25-23 at 06:48 PM.
Likes For Schweinhund: