Old 07-31-23, 11:57 AM
jawnn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=veganbikes;22966348]Shimano makes great brakes so if you are going OTB that is on you generally. However my go to for brakes for a bike like that would be Magura MT5s with Magura MDR-P rotors and nice big ones as big as you can fit in the frame safely. I run a 203 at the front of my e-bike and a 180 Rohloff storm rotor at the back and am a heavier rider with a heavy bike though not 500 lbs or even close but no issues stopping. Yes the MT5s are probably going to not be cheap because they are not cheap brakes but cheap brakes are not the way to go anyway. If you are having an issue SOLVE THE ISSUE. Don't come into it being a bird (cheap cheap, cheap cheap) come into it with I want to solve the issue I am carrying a lot of weight and want to be able to stop safely and reliably. There is always financing and other options but trying to get away cheaply when you are having safety issues is always a bad move.
/QUOTE]
excuse me but I did not say anything about needing a cheap resolution to this problem. I did try avid BB7 and the red plastic got lost.

Infact I was expecting to spend at least 500 us bucks. But I found a way to keep the brakes from backing out, If I can actually open up the TRP brakes I can use lock tight blue.

But I think that I will not be satisfied until I turn this bicycle into a MOPED. I have a decent motor that could be larger if I rebuild the rear end and I have two motorcycle tires on it.
this is the project :endless-sphere.com/sphere/threads/mt-goat-cycletruck-cyclone
I looked for tandem brakes only to find cantilever rim brakes. Way out dated for this kind of machine. And yes I had originally planed to buy the Dorado brakes.

Last edited by jawnn; 07-31-23 at 12:02 PM.