Old 08-03-23, 04:32 PM
joesch

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s DB/GT Mtn Bikes, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked 796 Times in 507 Posts
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs
Of course the answer here is keep them both!

My first aluminum bike was a 1990 Trek 1000 which I rode for years while I was primarily a mountain biker. It gave me a bias against aluminum bikes as I finished every ride feeling like someone was beating me with it. I later got a Wilier Alpe D’Huez with the carbon fork and gimmick carbon stays and it’s a wonderful bike that is still in my stable almost 20 years later. I think once you get past having one bike for every purpose (you know road bike, errand bike, rain bike, gravel bike, etc) a quality aluminum bike is a nice addition to a collection. Aluminum bikes also make a nice option for wet weather riding if you don’t have a plastic bike in the collection.
Yes this looks to be the case.
It looks and rides soo nice I dont want to take its bits.
Now if I want to get the Neuron riding again, it maybe hard to find a donor setup like this campy chorus, that I can proceed with plan. Maybe I should not ride the donor before disassembly, but really was worth it for remembering the reality of a nice AL ride.