View Single Post
Old 08-03-23, 10:12 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4862 Post(s)
Liked 4,010 Times in 2,606 Posts
I have called in license numbers to the non-emergency police number twice and and had officers call me back. One couldn't pursue any action (for a very close pass) because I didn't look to see if the driver was male or female. That pickup was owned by a woman. Her SO had a long line of issues and had a restraining order (hers) out against him. If I saw that he was driving, he'd have been up ****'s creek. As it was, the deputy said this incident was going into his file.

The other case was a farm truck that swum right to prepare for the left turn into his farm as he was passing me. I knew from my mirror his flatbed trailer was a full foot wider per side than the cab. I rode a tightrope with 4" either side until he pulled in. That deputy called me back after his visit. Told me a fact I didn't mention. One only the driver and I knew. And that confirmed this close pass wasn't an accident; that the driver knew full well I was there and was teaching me a lesson. (I'd been riding out far enough into the road there was no not seeing me. I didn't account for his temper. I did pull back to the right in plenty of time to not impede him, at all.)
Likes For 79pmooney: