View Single Post
Old 08-06-23, 11:53 AM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1561 Post(s)
Liked 1,577 Times in 942 Posts
Originally Posted by Danmozy66
I got the bike. And sorry, touché I meant to say grip shifts, not thumbies. I have some spare thumbies lying around, I’m going to see about compatibility. Still undecided on what to do for cockpit/bars type though. I now have a set of nicer 700 is the reason why, and even after cleaning out the hubs the wheels are tired and a bit wonky. And this seat post weighs a ton, and it no longer springs up and down either.

Regarding your point about the frame level for this year, the funny thing is, if you look at the catalogue for 1998 this 730 was actually the highest tier steel one (there was no 750-790). That’s why I’m curious about what (in theory) their best steel was for this year and how it stacks up against some of these other higher spec’d earlier multitrack frames. Guess they started going away from steel to focus on aluminum. Wonder if they were still putting as much consideration into the steel frames at this point
Have you checked the trueness of the wheels? They may just need a tweak. As for the cockpit, ride it awhile and you'll figure out what you want. Definitely show us pics when you have it dialed in. Have fun!