View Single Post
Old 08-09-23, 04:39 PM
jackb

Bikes: Trek Domane SL5, Trek Checkpoint SL5, Cannndale Trail SE 4, Specialized Langster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 72 Posts
I bought a 2022 Checkpoint last year. The specs said tubeless ready. I assumed that the bike came with tubes, but I discover later in the summer that the wheels were set up tubeless, so I decided to stick with the tubeless. After some hassling around letting the air out and re-inflating just to see what happened, and with adding some Orange Sealant at the end of the season, I feel I know what needs to be done and how to do it. I haven't had any flats yet. But then again, on my 2019 Domane I run Conti 4000 four season tires with tubes and I haven't had any flats with those tires for four years. The tubeless are really no hassle at all. Replenishing the sealant at the end of the summer takes just a few minutes and is easy. I do carry spare tube just in case, but I'm careful how I ride and I never in forty-five years of riding have gotten a slash or big cut in any tire I rode, and this includes mtn bike tires as well. I don't expect to get any flats.