View Single Post
Old 08-15-23, 10:14 AM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2393 Post(s)
Liked 2,948 Times in 1,609 Posts
Originally Posted by nycracer1986
I just built a new bike with a local retailer and have a super record wireless (the new one) Groupset.

im new to campy and have a few questions.

1. does the installation in the bottom bracket look correct? The Bb cup reads “Pro Tec” on the edge but the SRW crankset is Ultratorque - does this make sense? Also, what is this strange washer on the drive side? Photo attached…

2. I’ve heard about the “Campagnolo clunk” but wow yes it’s real. Is this normal when I’m shifting down at a normal cadence to have a very Solid sounding shift and clunk noise? There’s no rattling or anything but a single loud and very solid/strong sounding “clunk” that is in my opinion very loud. This is normal correct?

3. does anything have experience with “MyCampy 3.0”? The icons in my home page seem to have mixed up the front chainrings and the rear cassette options, icons are swapped relative to the numbers it presents as values. Is this normal in this application? Like is the application not great or have I done something wrong in my syncing? Not sure what to think because I synced properly I believe but it could just be that the application sucks and maybe you can help if you have experience with that? I’ve been a long time Shimano user

Is this washer normal???

Why are these backwards?
logically, lookin at the gui, it would appear that the crank and cassette values are swapped is your crank a 45, 29? (interesting)
does it ride and shift well? then maybe there is no issue other then bad gui or software, but I would get it checked
I would expect full support from the shop, phone or in person for a high end build....