Old 08-18-23, 11:43 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3217 Post(s)
Liked 1,756 Times in 1,060 Posts
Gee, maybe I’m a freak, but even two decades after getting rid of my moto, I’m still confounded by which hand operates which brake on which bicycle.

I had, for several years, always run right-front, but I stopped bothering switching over pre-built bikes at some point, but kept doing bikes I built right-front. Sometime later, I stopped doing that because I couldn’t remember which bike was setup how, and I remain confused to this day, with a mixed-setup stable of 10 bikes.

Honestly, it’s very rare that it’s an issue while riding on the road, but for MTB and other styles, it’s super important to know what’s what instinctively, so I giess my advice would be not to do what I did, and either go all in forever more and set up every bike right-front, or don’t switch bikes at all and just get used to moto.

I agree that having the moto be the “odd bike out” is not hard to adapt to; I rode my buddies Triumph moto the other day, and it was “like riding a bike,” everything came right back to me despite it being almost 15 years since riding a moto.
Likes For chaadster: