View Single Post
Old 08-21-23, 10:59 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 117 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1717:

It's going to be a hot one this week. They're predicting four of the next five days will hit triple digits, with potential highs of 105°F. I'm not going to complain though, because this was the weather I was praying for seven months ago when the temp was (literally) 120 degrees colder.

When I left the house a little after 7 AM it was a comfortable 68°F. The roads were eerily quiet, and I'm not sure why. I had to cross three major streets, where I was coming off of a side street that just had a stop sign (no signal). Normally I have to wait a while at these intersections for a break in traffic. Today when I got to them, not only was it clear to go, but there was hardly a car in sight. All the other roads I took also had less than normal traffic volumes. It was nice, but unexplainable.

Had my annual cardiology appointment right away at 8 AM. It didn't go real well. Came out having new prescriptions, more appointments with a bunch of tests scheduled. The doctor says my artificial heart valve is sounding great, but he's concerned about the remainder of my heart that's not bionic, so he wants to dig in deeper to find out if there is trouble looming. I hadn't noticed any significant problems myself, but then again I was also completely asymptomatic prior to my open heart surgery in 2019 when my heart was 35% compromised.