View Single Post
Old 08-25-23, 07:54 AM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Liked 4,335 Times in 2,430 Posts
Originally Posted by jadmt
anybody have both and can tell me how Lake sizing compares to Sidi? Nobody stocks any Sidi road shoes in my area to try on.One dealer had a Lake road shoe in 45.5 that fit but was the Cx332 which is out of my price range. Anybody no how a Lake 45.5 road shoe correlates to a Sidi size road shoe. Interested in the Sidi Alba mega. I wear Keen size 45 and Specialized recon 2.0 in 45.5
Lake shoes tend to be wider than Sidi. I’ve owned Sidi’s extra wide shoes and Lake’s extra wide shoes. The Sidis are noticeable narrower than the Lakes…close to 3/4” narrower. I have tailor’s bunions on both feet that rested exactly on the outer edge of the sole on the Sidi. They were extremely uncomfortable after just a few minutes. They were so uncomfortable that I paid full price and overnight shipping for a pair of Lake extra wide mountain bike shoes while at my daughter’s house in Tucson so that I could go ride.

The Lake’s wider foot bed is far more comfortable.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!