View Single Post
Old 08-25-23, 03:07 PM
jadmt

Bikes: Handsome xoxo, Serotta atx, Canyon Endurace CF8

Liked 2,068 Times in 906 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
So a) why bother discussing Lakes and b) how do you know that you want them if you don't even know that they fit?

I don't think that there's a lot of Lake/Sidi cross-pollination; Lake is primarily known for having a wider toe box whereas Sidi are known for being narrower. Even Sidi Mega are not wide - they're high volume - so primarily different target audiences.

If you think you're set on Sidi, and you don't have any dealers in your area, buy some from an online outfit with free returns/shipping; either buy a few sizes at once (in the hopes of getting it over with), or buy what you think is the most likely size and be prepared to do the exchange game over the next two or three weeks.
well I said in my first post I was able to try on a pair of lakes in 45.5 and they fit but I want Sidi and there is not any Sidi's in my town to try on. As far as how do I know I want them is I had a pair that I bought in the late 80's and I like them...the soles finally fell off sometime around 2000. My foot has changed sizes since then tho and I like how they look and well I guess that is all . I hate buying online and then having to return. I know crazy but just don't like doing the return thing.