Old 09-03-23, 07:06 PM
JDFLood

Bikes: Independent Fabrication's Independent, IF Club Racer, IF Crown Jewel, Waterford Custom, Lemond, Trek 520.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you guys. I appreciate the input. Some interesting bikes. Hopefully I can stay on two wheels for another decade.

One thing that really surprises me is that when I go looking for a good around town with an integrated lock, I come out short. My Specialized Global, has a keyed lock integral to the frame. A circular metal bar comes out and locks the back wheel. I remove the key and it is locked. This is why I love this bike. I have gone shopping with it for about 15 years. I just wish it was step through and overall lighter. Hmmm, I just checked my original post… I am repeating myself… heck, I am now 71… I can do that, although a cliché. With the hundreds of thousands of bikes in Belgium and around that area used for transportation and the high level of bikes stolen, you would think several major companies would integrate security and performance into an every day bike that everyone could use… even us old codgers.