Old 09-06-23, 09:22 AM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1067 Post(s)
Liked 2,643 Times in 1,104 Posts
Originally Posted by Robvolz
Still so much controversy. Shimano vs Kitchenaide vs Amana vs Doc Johnson.

3.5 allen wrench. Who's great idea was that??

Sounds like some of you ride with them. Fiddly set up and all.
I thank you for your responses.
Yeah, go figure. Campy also spec'd a 7mm allen bolt on something or other that once passed through my hands but is now long forgotten. If you need a 3.5mm allen wrench, Bondhus is your answer.

I had a set of Deltas. Note the past tense. They came on a bike I bought. I rode them for two or three flatish rides for the heck of it (I always planned to sell them, and I did). As stoppers, they were . . . okay. I mean, they stopped me and I didn't die. I did not take them down any serious hills, but they did what I asked them to do. They are beautiful by themselves sitting in my hand, but they are huge on a bike, disproportionally so to my eye. I did not want to sort through figuring out how to set them up and I wanted the power of dual pivots (I'm a big boy and I go down significant hills almost every ride), so I moved them along to someone who appreciated them. Went a long toward paying for the bike, too.