View Single Post
Old 09-08-23, 12:55 PM
kcjc

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 37 Posts
My Magene is on hour 476.5 & my old CooSpo died after 695 hours (Ant+ version). I had an old Polar T31/34(?) that lasted for the life of the battery, ~200 hours, and went with a Garmin after it died. The Garmin that replaced it didn't last very long and had connection problems outdoors. It was on the second belt & battery, ~300 hours before it crocked. I went with a second Garmin, a hard strap (the soft strap version had frequent pickup and sticky number problems), that didn't do much better. It had problems indoors and died before the battery. I switched to a CycleOps HRM hard strap for outdoors and used the CooSpo indoors. The CycleOps had problems indoors. My ~$30 specials, Magene and CooSpo, have out lasted all the name brands and without problems. I went with Magene after the CooSpo died because it was cheaper and available. I would have brought another CooSpo but didn't want to wait (only Bluetooth models were available). Magene & CooSpo are Bluetooth/Ant+ HRM, the rest are all Ant+ except for Polar which had it's own protocol.